I stayed with some friends of mine in Malmö last May after presenting at ERSCP. While I was there Matthias asked me if I would like to help with Soppa för Värme, the soup kitchen that he is part of, and of course I agreed camera in hand. We rode our bikes to pick up left over soup from fancy hotels, and day old bread, and then set up with some of his friends in a local square and served up the treats. There was also a guitarist playing lively music, and a woman giving free haircuts. The people who came to eat had a great sense of community and were kind enough to speak to me in English, I was even proposed to by one particularly rakish codger. Here are some of the photos from that day.
- RT @AndersRhiger: Great trend in Denmark! Systematically wear the same clothes for a week (except underwear). Empirical material for… https://t.co/DOOalf79Gu 2 weeks ago
- RT @dralibrowne: Super excited this little baby "Already existing sustainability experiments" being online! The result of a creativ… https://t.co/RYeifP0S0K 3 weeks ago
- RT @degrowthsweden: How do we deal with waste? That's the overarching question of our February events. We'll visit Gram, a zero-waste s… https://t.co/S6pX8gzLBE 1 month ago
- Interesting talk tonight in Lund https://t.co/QC6E8eIvU1 1 month ago
- @KA_Nicholas @linneahermansen Förresten, jag skrev lite om tvättstugor i Syd Svenskan igår https://t.co/8OTLIKGysK? 1 month ago
- @KA_Nicholas @linneahermansen Tror inte att dem används längre - de bara stå där för annars måste dem till soptippen. 1 month ago
- The disappearing communal laundry room in Sweden: a symptom of individual comforts winning over sustainability?
- Climate smart in the 50s
- Blog Post on Extinction Rebellion for LUCSUS
- Response and Responsibility
- Things I can see through the window
- Do less to save the environment
- Article in Sydsvenskan Newspaper
- Experiments with washing less – Anna’s story
- Stämmer tidskrifter överens med vardagen?