I presented some of my work at the ESA Consumption Research Conference in Berlin this week. It was a brilliant chance to test some of my ideas on the super intelligentÂ socialÂ theorists: Â Warde, Halkier, MilesÂ and TruningerÂ were all at the conference which was bothÂ exhilaratingÂ and nerve wrecking. Â Some of my favourite presentations were from Janna MichaelÂ on authenticity and hipsters,Â Tim Harries on frugality and waste andÂ Niklas Woermann who gave an impressive overview of social practice theory (which mostly went over my head). Â Steven Miles, editor of the Journal of Consumer Culture gave me the latest issue, which was more exciting than the all fashion goodie bags, ever.Â Â I had a completely amazing time and I’m pretty sure social practice research is what I want to do with the rest of my life. Â Here is my powerpoint, let me know what you think, and please feel free to use it: Jack, T. (2012), Nobody was Dirty: challenging collective conventions of cleanliness, ESA Consumption Research Network Interim Meeting, Berlin.
- RT @Luisamneubauer: Ok, so Germany is likely to miss its climate targets for 2030 and currently doesn't have a plan of how to speed up… https://t.co/5iKBRqboje 5 days ago
- @FridaHylander @m_sahakian @BrisUniPress Thank you @FridaHylander here's to many more years for you too 1 month ago
- IPCC synthesis report author @ReisingerAndy puts the report into haiku. Beautiful, strong, deeply alarming. https://t.co/YZPd7xqfgJ 1 month ago
- Air-travel and H-index are correlated not causal. I suspect ambition drives both of these - and therefor academics… https://t.co/ljAkuEyunN 2 months ago
- I've been in academia for 10 years (!!) Thank you @m_sahakian for interviewing me and giving me the chance to refl… https://t.co/lAbD9e1g2G 2 months ago
- MSCA postocs open- great opportunity to kick start life post PhD. https://t.co/8VbsY4iruE 2 months ago
- New research shows that consuming less makes us more happy- some NYE opinions in SydSvenskan
- Don’t let flying for work become normal again
- Why don’t we care that the ultra-rich are fucking up our climate?
- The girl gang that vanished
- Laconia – living alone consumption impact – Marie SkÅ‚odowska-Curie Actions
- Music festivals can show the way to sustainability – debate article in Dagens Nyheter
- En halstvÃ¤tthistoria av Annika RullgÃ¥rd
- Response to my research
- VarfÃ¶r duscha vi sÃ¥ ofta? Jag pratar renlighetsnormer med Lena Nordlund pÃ¥ Vetenskapsradion
- Respons pÃ¥ en artikel i svd
- The disappearing communal laundry room in Sweden: a symptom of individual comforts winning over sustainability?
- Climate smart in the 50s
- Blog Post on Extinction Rebellion for LUCSUS
- Response and Responsibility
- Things I can see through the window
- Do less to save the environment
- Article in Sydsvenskan Newspaper
- Experiments with washing less – Anna’s story
- StÃ¤mmer tidskrifter Ã¶verens med vardagen?