I presented some of my work at the ESA Consumption Research Conference in Berlin this week. It was a brilliant chance to test some of my ideas on the super intelligentÂ socialÂ theorists: Â Warde, Halkier, MilesÂ and TruningerÂ were all at the conference which was bothÂ exhilaratingÂ and nerve wrecking. Â Some of my favourite presentations were from Janna MichaelÂ on authenticity and hipsters,Â Tim Harries on frugality and waste andÂ Niklas Woermann who gave an impressive overview of social practice theory (which mostly went over my head). Â Steven Miles, editor of the Journal of Consumer Culture gave me the latest issue, which was more exciting than the all fashion goodie bags, ever.Â Â I had a completely amazing time and I’m pretty sure social practice research is what I want to do with the rest of my life. Â Here is my powerpoint, let me know what you think, and please feel free to use it: Jack, T. (2012), Nobody was Dirty: challenging collective conventions of cleanliness, ESA Consumption Research Network Interim Meeting, Berlin.
- @LucieMiddlemiss That's me I have two work calendars and am not tech savvy. Will work on it! 3 days ago
- @NoelFCass Sounds super interesting! Love to hear more 3 days ago
- Interesting looking postdoc @KAU in Sustainable Societal Transformation and Industrial Change https://t.co/y4PReVdcke 6 days ago
- Value action gap gets a much needed revamp. https://t.co/gQRmn1achx 6 days ago
- @JKSteinberger Thank you for sharing, this is beautiful. 1 week ago
- RT @ed_hawkins: Choose your climate future. https://t.co/PTFgLqZZpx 1 week ago
- Don’t let flying for work become normal again
- Why don’t we care that the ultra-rich are fucking up our climate?
- The girl gang that vanished
- Laconia – living alone consumption impact – Marie SkÅ‚odowska-Curie Actions
- Music festivals can show the way to sustainability – debate article in Dagens Nyheter
- En halstvÃ¤tthistoria av Annika RullgÃ¥rd
- Response to my research
- VarfÃ¶r duscha vi sÃ¥ ofta? Jag pratar renlighetsnormer med Lena Nordlund pÃ¥ Vetenskapsradion
- Respons pÃ¥ en artikel i svd
- The disappearing communal laundry room in Sweden: a symptom of individual comforts winning over sustainability?
- Climate smart in the 50s
- Blog Post on Extinction Rebellion for LUCSUS
- Response and Responsibility
- Things I can see through the window
- Do less to save the environment
- Article in Sydsvenskan Newspaper
- Experiments with washing less – Anna’s story
- StÃ¤mmer tidskrifter Ã¶verens med vardagen?