I presented some of my work at the ESA Consumption Research Conference in Berlin this week. It was a brilliant chance to test some of my ideas on the super intelligent social theorists: Warde, Halkier, Miles and Truninger were all at the conference which was both exhilarating and nerve wrecking. Some of my favourite presentations were from Janna Michael on authenticity and hipsters, Tim Harries on frugality and waste and Niklas Woermann who gave an impressive overview of social practice theory (which mostly went over my head). Steven Miles, editor of the Journal of Consumer Culture gave me the latest issue, which was more exciting than the all fashion goodie bags, ever. I had a completely amazing time and I’m pretty sure social practice research is what I want to do with the rest of my life. Here is my powerpoint, let me know what you think, and please feel free to use it: Jack, T. (2012), Nobody was Dirty: challenging collective conventions of cleanliness, ESA Consumption Research Network Interim Meeting, Berlin.
- Festivaler är ett bra tillfälle att experimentera med alternativa livsstilar. Detta kan bana väg för beteendeförän… https://t.co/u9YOKa0SkQ 3 days ago
- RT @dralibrowne: "Music festivals can show the way to a more sustainable society" Feature today in Swedish DN mag on our festivals… https://t.co/bE7TIMeXgs 3 days ago
- "Festivaler är en säker plats för att testa nya normer som kanske inte accepteras av allmänheten ännu" @dralibrowne… https://t.co/WYREH9KUoH 3 days ago
- ”Musikfestivaler kan visa vägen till ett mer hållbart samhälle” - https://t.co/gRJr9F9OIV https://t.co/46G8E4kX0P 5 days ago
- Flying accounts for 10% of emissions in Sweden- but it is not high up the political agenda. Yesterday we blockaded… https://t.co/2fe5YNeLEc 1 week ago
- Via @StephenWoroniec 1 week ago
- Respons på en artikel i svd
- The disappearing communal laundry room in Sweden: a symptom of individual comforts winning over sustainability?
- Climate smart in the 50s
- Blog Post on Extinction Rebellion for LUCSUS
- Response and Responsibility
- Things I can see through the window
- Do less to save the environment
- Article in Sydsvenskan Newspaper
- Experiments with washing less – Anna’s story
- Stämmer tidskrifter överens med vardagen?